Digital HT Filters
Digital HT filters are a state-of-the-art technological breakthrough in multi-coated photo and video filters. Made for the discerning professional and imaging enthusiast, Digital HT filters with Hi-Trans Double-Sided Titanium Multi-Coating surpass even military specifications for hardness and durability.*
Digital HT - High Transmission - filters offer the strength of a Titanium coating combined with the purest optical quality glass and Tiffen's Academy-Award-winning ColorCore technology. They present unmatched scratch-resistant durability and worry-free cleaning while other coated filters on the market today cautiously suggest delicate, if any, cleaning procedures, in fear of destroying the coating (and thereby the filter).
And that's not all these High Transmission filters feature a low profile titanium finish ring and anti-reflective black lock ring which sets these filters apart from the rest.
- Essential general-use outdoor color filter
- Produces deeper skies and minimizes reflections in black and white and color photography
- Combine a Polarizer with a Red 25 for incredibly dramatic black and white landscapes
- Can be rotated to achieve desired effect
- Use the Tiffen Polarizer with the enhancing filter for more dramatic effects
- Available for Wide Angle lenses
Area of sky most effectively polarized with a Circular Polarizer:
Point your index finger at the sun. With your thumb extended at a right angle (90 degrees), rotate it around the axis of the index finger. It will point out the band of deepest blue from horizon to horizon.
* Independent testing based on these specifications was conducted at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Rochester, NY
1. Abrasion test Severe abrasion test according to MIL-C-48497, using eraser stub certified to MIL-E-12387.
2. Adhesion test - tape adhesion test according to MIL-C-48497, using adhesive tape certified to MIL-A-A113 rev C.
3. Humidity Test humidity test in accordance with MIL-C-48497, 95% RH at 50
degrees C for 24 hours.